Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Don't Change What I Said

Some things in My Bible seem to contradict each other, but I want you to believe both of them, or all of them, and not try to change them.
This is hard for you, since it's in your nature to explain things and make everything "fit." These things don't fit, because in the human world, they cannot.

For example, I say, "I love you." I say that in many places, but never more clearly than in the verse that starts: "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..."
I also say, "I can be angry with you," and no example of that is more true than when I say, "the person who doesn't believe My Son will never see eternal life, but my anger is on him."

I mean for you to understand that BOTH are true, and one is not more true than the other, and you don't need to change what I said to make one fit the other. You also don't need to explain one thing away in order to satisfy the other.  Believe both. I said both. If I say, "God is love," and then I say, "I am a God of judgment," I mean both, and either.

Can you understand this? No, of course not. What's wrong with that? Do you understand a star? How about the sea? Sunlight? In My Bible, and in life, there are some things that cannot be explained. That's okay. I am the Father, and God. It's My responsibility, and I can handle it just fine.

Oh, and by the way, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment