Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Unrequited love

I don't know if it ever occurred to you, but the ONE THING I want from you the most is your love. I want it so much that I even put it into a commandment and gave it to My servant Moses:
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength." The theologians will say things like, "He doesn't want anything, or need anything; He's God, and complete in Himself." True enough, but still not the way things really are.  Look at yourself.  You are made in My image.  Can you imagine not wanting love? I made you like Me so that you could understand that the best things you desire are the same things I want--love, friendship, loyalty, to be listened to, and so forth. It's true that I don't "need" those things, but the silly theologians have sometimes made me into a feeling-less automaton, and then they say that all the things that I say about my thoughts and feelings in My Book, the Bible, are "anthropopathisms"--meaning (they say) that I represent myself to have feelings when I really do not.  This  is foolishness. I made you like ME, so that you could look at the best things in yourselves, and say, "That's what My Father is like." I made you like Me, and I have all the feelings and wants you do, with only a few exceptions (for example, I don't get hungry, but I do understand the appeal of a tasty meal).  So yes, I really want your love. I want it so badly that My Dear Son sacrificed Himself so that I could have it. So what kind of love do I want? Well, I want your feelings, of course, and then I want you to choose Me above all else, and then I want you to listen to Me and care about what I think, and because I'm your Father, I want you to follow Me, what I show you to do.  I made you for this, and your life is best when you are loving Me with all your heart. It also makes Me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment