Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

When you are thinking of Me...

Just before My Dear Son was murdered by lawless hands, He sat down with His best friends in all the world, the men who had "stayed with Him in all His temptations," and ate the Jewish Passover with them.  Near the end of the Passover, He took bread and wine, and made a toast.  He gave them the bread, and said, "take, eat, this is My body, which is given for you..." and in just a moment, after they had all taken the bread, He took wine, and drank a bit from it, and said, "This cup is the New Covenant in My blood. Do this (as often as you wish), to remember Me."
My children celebrate these few moments often, because it does remind them of what My Dear Son did for them without them ever asking Him--He died to pay for the sins they had done.  When He took the bread and the wine, He knew that He would die, because He had chosen, and We had agreed, that He would rescue My/Our children (that's you) from death and sin and evil.  You may ask how this can be, but it's impossible to give a detailed answer, since it involves things you cannot understand right now.  The short answer, though, is that His death made it so that anyone who believes in Me and My Son simply will never belong to Satan again.  I will break all the "hold" that Satan has over you.  I will also break the hold that Sin and evil have over you. Finally, I will break the hold death has over you, and give you everlasting life, in My presence forever.
My Dear Son has literally provided this for you for free.  The bread and wine remind all My children of that. The question is, Do you want this? If your answer is "yes," then just tell Me--it says, "Whoever calls on the name of the Lord (that's Me!) will be delivered," meaning that I will give you everything I promised above, just because you believe in Me and in My Dear Son.
You could spend your entire life working to get this, or even working to find out about it, but I offer it for free, when you just ask Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment