Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Good things from the Father.

He has filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he has sent away
empty.--LUKE 1:53.

You say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of
nothing: but you do not know that you are wretched, and miserable, and
poor, and blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold tried in
the fire, that you may be rich. As many as I love, I rebuke and
chasten: be zealous therefore and repent.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for
they shall be filled.--When the poor and needy seek water, and there is
none, and their tongue fails for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I
the God of Israel will not forsake them.--I am the Lord your God . . .
open your mouth wide and I will fill it.
Why do you spend money for what is not bread? and your
labour for what doesn't satisfy? hearken diligently to me, and
eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in
fatness.--I am the bread of life: he who comes to me shall never
hunger; and he who believes in me shall never thirst.

The source of all good things is God.  He is, we are told, "the Giver of every good and perfect gift, who never varies." So the question is, "what do you need?" When you answer, don't insult Him by saying, "A new motorhome,"  because your needs are more than the stuff you want to buy. They extend into eternity future, and consist primarily in what has to do with your heart and soul.  In the texts above, you can see this emphasis; "You say, I am rich and increased with goods..." and then Jesus says, "get the gold tried in the fire," [which you can't buy with money!]; in His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says that to hunger and thirst for righteousness puts you in the path to be filled with them.  And finally, Jesus says, "I am the bread of life..." If you seek Him, you will find Him--and everything else besides.  

Rev. 3:17-19.Matt. 5:6. -Isa. 41:17. -Psa. 81:10.Isa. 55:2. -John 6:35.

No comments:

Post a Comment