Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Waiting...



Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart.
                     
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. — Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. — Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

The trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. — Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Waiting is the hardest thing we do.  Think of the emotions waiting sometimes brings: "surgical waiting room," or "waiting for the bride (groom) to arrive," for example.  However, waiting on God, and for Him, is a wonderful blessing, because we  KNOW He's going to respond. It's a matter of timing and patience. When we have to wait for Him, it's anticipatory, and we have great hope.  We know that all things work together for good to those who love Him [God], to those who are called...and waiting is what we do while He works for us. He is a God who "works for him who waits..." So don't be afraid to wait.  "I waited on the Lord, and he heard my cry." Many times, it's the failure to wait that brings terrible results.  Think of the many people who sold everything because they expected the Lord's return on a certain day--and He did not come.  They waited vainly, because He had made no promise to return on that day.  They needed to keep watching, and waiting with patience for the fulfillment of His return, as He Himself had commanded.  

Read the opening verses of Psalm 40 to see the benefits of waiting on Him:
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
       
PSA. 27:14.  Isa. 40:28,29. -Isa. 41:10. -Isa. 25:4. Jas. 1:3,4. -Heb. 10:35,36.

No comments:

Post a Comment