Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Way...

Walk...Path...Follow..."The Way..."
But Felix, having a more exact knowledge about The Way...
and [Paul] asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to The Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.
However, [said Paul], I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of The Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets...25 But as Paul was discussing righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix became frightened and said, "Go away for the present, and when I find time I will summon you."
In other words, Felix did not want to face the fact that his future was without God, and that his tomorrows were cause for desperate fear.  You can face tomorrow without fear, though.  Read on...

[Jesus said]: I am The Way...
Thus is Christianity defined.  It's a path, a way, a walk, a chosen direction.  "The Way" begins where you are, and never ends, because it has no terminal point. In choosing to follow Jesus Christ, to become a journeyer on "The Way," you're choosing a life without end, and a life with meaning and direction. The early Christians were called followers of "The Way," meaning that they had taken up the path that leads upward to God. --This makes Christianity exceedingly simple.  To some, it's "selling everything you have, giving the proceeds to the poor, and following..." To others, it's "Follow Me," and deciding that you'll drop everything to do that.  To still others, it's simply believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.   In each case, the decision is what launches us on a path that never ends--that leads into eternity future. It's amazing what God has promised for the simple acts of faith to which He calls us. Eternal life. Infinite riches. A relationship with the King of the Universe, the Creator of all things. 
In other words, getting on "The Way" is unutterably simple.  You just decide:  "I want to walk with God wherever He leads me. I want to know Him.  I want the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in my life. 
Jesus called Himself "The Way" in the sense that He is the sole path to God. He assures us of this by saying, "No man comes to the Father except through Me." You can take the path to living with God forever by coming through His Son, Jesus Christ, but you cannot avoid Jesus Christ and find God. He's at the end of only one road.

No comments:

Post a Comment