Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Your Job...His Job...Psalm 37 and the division of labor

As I was reading Psalm 37 this AM, the thought occurred to me that God clearly tells us to "do our job," and let Him do His.
For example:
"Do not fret because of evildoers, be not envious toward wrongdoers...
--FOR--
"They will wither quickly like the grass, and fade like the green herb."
It's your job not to worry about the "bad people" around (assuming you can do nothing about them), and it's God's job to see that they wither and fade.
And:
(see all of verses 3-7a)
"Trust in the LORD and do good..."
"Delight yourself in the LORD..."
"Commit your way to the LORD..."
"Rest in the LORD..."
And the results:
"Truly you shall dwell in the land, and truly you shall be fed."
"He will give you the desires of your heart."
"He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment (justice) as the noonday.
On the other hand, when
"The evil man prospers..."
"Carries out wicked schemes..."
Things happen to them, and the benefits they receive is no more that a longer rope suitable for hanging themselves...
"Evildoers will soon be cut off..."
"Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more..."
The message of this Psalm is that God reverses the fortunes of wicked people, and fulfills the desires of the godly people.  The secondary message is that you don't have to worry about bad men.  Yes, you should fight evil when you can, but when you can't, Someone much greater than you is about to mess with their future--big time!
So...
Let God defend you when you cannot defend yourself.  Let Him be your strength.  Look to Him in trouble, and know that He will help.
God will not forsake you.  He will be with you, and He IS with you, right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment