Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Power of Right Thinking, Part 2

"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure."
This verse says that you CAN. You can fail if you choose to do so, but you CAN succeed.  God is in you.  He works in you, for you, and with you. The verse does NOT say, "He can work in you...it says, "He [does] work in you." When you become a Christian, God starts to work.  You can stop Him, but to do so, you have to ignore Him, refuse His power and His help, and reject His will.  It takes effort. You have to try.  On the other hand, if you decide that you want His help, then you will work out your salvation--which means the opposite of "work up to your salvation," as if you did not actually already possess it.  You do already have your salvation, once you believe in Christ.  It's yours.  Your task is to take what God has already given you, and actualize it. Enjoy its opportunities.  Listen to Him as He directs and empowers you. Don't give up on yourself.
This is really all about attitude.  If you think, "I can't do it!" You won't.  If you think, "I don't want to do it," you won't.  However, if you think, "What a great opportunity!" you will get all the help you need, all the direction you want, and all the affirmation you can handle.
It really is your attitude that rules, since God is right there to help you when you let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment