Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

He'll Never See it...

When I was in my 20's, I worked for a contractor (who shall remain nameless); one of his favorite comments, when he produced something low-quality, was, "They'll never see it;" I've often thought of him when I read Psalm 10, where in verse 11, David puts the following words in the mouth of the wicked man:
"He says in his heart, 'God has forgotten; he will never see it."
In this case, the wicked man says, "I can hurt whomever I want; God doesn't care." Not true.  When an evil person destroys someone else's life (it's usually for money, or to gain power), God DOES see it. He may not act right now, but He sees.
Ecclesiastes tells us, "Because judgment against an evil act is not executed swiftly, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil"--the Old Testament's version of giving people enough rope to hang themselves.
That is exactly what God has planned. He's waiting.  That's why we don't see judgment and justice in the world we live in; we don't see righteousness lifted up, and evil condemned, unless it's politically correct, or suits those in power.
The Bible is pretty a-political, but it is pro-righteousness.  When you read through the Old Testament, you find that justice is a major theme, and a just society is a main goal.  Rulers are constantly taken to task for the way they treat people without power, and prophets die because they refuse to be silenced about evil in society.
The Psalms discuss the plight of widows and orphans in detail, and point out that many evil people see them as objects to use for profit.
God will judge these things.  He doesn't care if you're a president, congressman, dictator, general, policeman, politician, "activist," or whatever. He will judge.  He will judge YOU.  He is bigger than anyone, and he doesn't care who you think you are.
So listen up.
He saw you.  He didn't forget.  He's just waiting.  He calls you to justice and righteousness (and not as defined by "churches." As He defines it.)
Read the book.  See what He really says.  Don't trust other people to tell you how good or bad it is, or interpret it for you.
Read the book.  You'll save yourself a lot of problems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment