Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

When Suffering Ends...

(From Matthew 17): Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
[Jesus lives] according to the power of an endless life...
(1 John 3) Beloved, we are already the sons of God, but it isn't yet clear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear [again, at His return], we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
What is Jesus like today?  Is He sick? In pain? Tired? Does he have a Toothache? 
NO.
What the Bible says is that Jesus is alive now and forever.  He will never die again, and He will be there when the stars fall out of the sky. The Bible also says that His life cannot be compromised. In the passages above, I included one that refers to the "power of an endless life;" in the original text, the writer has used a word that means "indissoluble," which is more than "unending;" it's life that cannot be crushed out, damaged, or diseased. Nothing can touch it.
And then John says, "we shall be like Him."
Are you sick today?  Suffering? Looking at end of life choices? Or perhaps your best friend, lover, mother, father, sister, brother is hurting and suffering.
When Jesus reappears, suffering will not merely end. It will be transformed into victory, joy, and power in His presence, and you will partake of His "indissoluble life."  
Soon, I hope. 
Soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment