Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Saturday, December 1, 2018

On becoming Christian:

Becoming Christian hinges on three things:
1. What you believe about Jesus Christ. John 3:16:
“God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son (“Unique”) so that everyone who believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life (eternal life).
God has made it very clear that His Son is the unique individual in the universe. As I’ve heard it put, He is “God and Man, united in one Person forever.” Jesus is God. He is Man. If you do not believe this, you are not Christian. If you do, that’s the first step.

2. What you believe about Jesus Christ’s death: 1 Cor. 15:3:-4:
3 Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures…
According to Scripture, there are several things here: first, Jesus “died for our sins.” Elsewhere, and where the Jewish sacrifices are discussed, we read that “His blood cleanses us;” Paul doesn’t mention that here, but it’s definitely in his mind, Jew that he was.
So first, then, Jesus died for our sins. He gave His life so that you might be “sin-free,” and meet God without fear of judgment;
Second, Jesus was buried. He was really dead. He was not merely in a coma. He was DEAD.
Third, He rose again, according to the Scriptures. This is a one-time event for that day. It had never happened before, but it will happen again, when Christians rise from their graves.
If you believe He died “for our sins, and rose again,” that’s step two.

3. Step three is personal: YOU have to believe this for yourself. You believe He is THE Savior, but is He YOUR Savior? It’s all very personal, very individual.  Nobody else can believe for you, and you are not a Christian because your parents are, your Church is Christian, your best friends are Christian. You are a Christian because you have come to Him in prayer (He’s seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven, and hears you), and asked for His Salvation, His forgiveness, eternal life. This is a decisive “Faith-act.” You believe. Then you come to Him. And you make it personal, between Him and you.
Two things:
Romans 10:13: Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. That includes you.
John 6:37: “...The one who comes to Me, I will NOT (ever) cast out.” (Jesus is speaking here). In order to reject you, He has to reject His own promise. He will not do that. He “cannot lie.”
So.  The question. Are you ready to come to Him, and receive all that He has to offer?

If you don’t fully understand, that’s OK. Understanding often comes AFTER you come to Him. When I became a Christian, at age 18, I literally knew NOTHING, except that I needed to do this. I knew I didn’t have eternal life. After I came to Him, I knew that I DID. The blessings come with coming to Him, and asking for Him to be your Savior. He promises to receive you. Trust me. If He received me (and keeps me around), He’ll receive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment