Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, August 9, 2021

Genesis: Implications from the first words of the Bible

 "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth." 

This flies in the face of almost all modern thinking--yet it is the most profound statement of God's power and work in Scripture, aside from Jesus Christ. 

The problem with everything "just happening" is that scientiests, while they haven't changed their mind about evolution, are now forced to ignore almost all the complexity in the Universe. The more astronomers search into the known universe, the greater complexity we see. The greater the complexity, the less likely the universe is not designed by awesome intelligence and power. If you doubt the incredible complexity of the universe, watch Anton Petrov on YouTube. Watch the newest findings about physics, astronomy and where we live. Our own galaxy, the Milky Way, is incredibly complex, with many new discoveries now being made almost every week. 

IN the beginning, GOD...

When was that? well, we don't know. Does it matter as much as the reality that the Universe loudly says to us, "God made me?" If you believe that the Universe "just happened," I challenge you to spend some time with its complexity. Think it through. Choose wisely. If the Bible is true, your future hinges on your choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment