Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Strangest thing in the world...

 Is someone hearing and understanding the Gospel and not turning to the Lord, considering:

1. The Gospel is the sole gateway to God. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; Nobody comes to the Father, except through Me." John 14:6. 

2. The Gospel is the ONE way of erasing our sins and gaining everlasting life: The Bible says, "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23.

3. The Gospel is simple. "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."  Romans 10:9. Also, Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13. "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

Because of the marvelous simplicity and power of the Gospel, I never can understand why anyone would reject Jesus Christ. I understand sin. I understand the attractions of living independently, without God. I get all that, but this is such an amazing deal that I do NOT understand rejecting Jesus Christ and His Gospel because you want something that at best is a hundred years long, much of it while you decline in old age, when you could have an eternal life, a perfect place to live it, and pure happiness forever? I just don't get it. I've heard people say, "I don't believe." Well, I don't believe THEM. You know why? because of what Jesus says in John 16:8: "And when He [the Holy Spirit] has come, He will convict the world..." in other words, there's always a persistent voice saying, "This is true," ringing in the hearts of all the people who hear the message. So why do people still reject Christ and His Salvation? The Bible gives many answers (yes it does), but the basic question remains: when you get "convicted by the Holy Spirit" that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that if you believe you will have eternal life, and if you don't you'll pay the price for your sin, how can you say NO? It was real to me. I know it's real to you when someone tells you the Gospel, and if you are a Christian, you KNOW it was real when God called to you and you responded. I still remember being faced with that awesome choice. I could see myself hanging over the pit of Hell (melodramatic, but yes I did), and Jesus waiting to rescue me if only I would invite Him in, so I did. I realized I could say "no," but Hell with its burning fire seemed rather unappealing, to say the least. 

What about you?? If it was that way for you, then you know if you tell the Gospel message to them that the same (or something similar as happened to you) happens to them when you present the Gospel to them. They are "convicted" by the Holy Spirit. It's not just you trying to convince your friend, acquaintance, etc., it's God doing the same, and at the same time, as you. 

Do not fear to teach the Gospel message. God is not only with you, He's with THEM as well, and every true word you speak is the subject of His conviction. 

God bless you all today. See you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment