Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I love you

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. "I have loved you," says the LORD. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. The Father himself loves you because you have loved me [Jesus] and have believed that I came from God.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God says to us, I want you to know that I love you.  I show that in many ways.  I give the seasons of the year so that you can live and enjoy the world I have made for you.  I take care of you by giving you food to eat, and work to do.  I help you learn and do new things.  I put loving people in your life.  I give you rain, and sunshine, and fruit trees, and forests, and rivers, and all the world around you to enjoy. I gave you permission, long ago, to fill the earth with other people like you, and to enjoy its fruits, and to tame it so that you could use it.  It's Mine, of course, but it's yours on loan.
Most of all, I sent My own Dear Son  to lead you back to Me, and to give you the opportunity to live with Me forever.
I am always thinking about you, always seeing you, always loving you, and even though you may have some very hard times because of the evil in the world, and in your own heart, I am here to see you through it, and to give you a path back to Me, if you want it.  It's not necessarily an easy path, but it's very carefully laid out, so if you seek it, you can't miss it.
If you want to know more about how I care for you and watch over you, My son David wrote a special Psalm about this. In the English (Christian) Bible, it's Psalm 139.   He's praying the words to Me, but I might as well be saying them to you.  Why not read it today? It's not long, and you'll see what I mean.
Love you always,
The Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment