Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I never give up on you...

Others will.  They'll count you out, tell you that you're "all done," and gloat over your problems. David called people like this his enemies, because they attacked him personally, and said,
"God will never help him again;" God won't fix this mess for him;" (see Psalm 3), but David knew Me. He knew that I would never stop helping him; he knew that I would defend him, and relieve his depression, and restore him spirituallly.
David's secret was that he saw Me as I really am. David's enemies saw Me as if I was them, and they thought my response to David would be what they would do. They were wrong, because David was one of My special children, whom I will NEVER forsake. You are the same, and if you call to Me, I will answer.
Here's what David said:
"I cried out to the LORD, and He answered me;"
"I rested and slept; I awoke; the LORD protected me."
"The LORD will deliver me."
I'll do the same for you.  I'll answer you when you call; I'll give you rest and peace in the midst of trouble; I'll relieve your fears, your worries, your depression; I will deliver you.
I stood by David when it seemed everyone was against him. I'll stand by you, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment