Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's not always My fault...

Children, as you know, I rule the universe.  I made the universe.  But there is evil in the universe, and I am good.  These things, in themselves, are contradictions.  If the theologians (a tribe full of both good and bad ideas!) had their way, everything would be tied up with a neat bow, and explainable.  But they are not. Things happen to you that can't be explained with a theological formula, and the reason is that there is more than one influence in the universe at the present moment. I told you earlier that when Adam and Eve, My first man and woman, followed the Serpent's plan, and ate the forbidden fruit, they unleashed evil and death in the world.  It's also true that they unleashed evil and death throughout the universe. They also started a process of decay (that's what leads to death) that only I can repair.
I'm going to do that, and My Dear Son is the answer for all that. However, NOW you children of mine live in a world where many things happen that were not part of the original Universe as I made it. Earthquakes. Tornados. Murders. Kings who hate and destroy entire countries. Armies that kill people. Tuberculosis. Smallpox. High blood pressure. Heart disease. Brain tumors.  Destruction of all you worked for. Injustice. Con men. Child molesters.
If you think I'm doing all this, you are wrong, including the times it happens to you, whether it's loss of your job and income, or an incurable illness, marriage troubles, relationship troubles, a personal problem you can't resolve--or even a flat tire. IInstead, I'm there to help you through these times, and I will be with you in them, and give you strength.
Evil IS in the world. It's also in you (don't forget that part!), and its influence is everywhere.
Evil influences the world
  • because men and women have evil in them
  • because the universe has evil in it (pit bulls, for example, or lions, or floods).
  • because Satan is a real spirit-being, who hates Me, and you, and all the good in the universe, and because he inspires evil men and events.
  • because you have some evil in you, and you do things that bring bad results.
When evil (or bad) happens, it happens. I allow it.
However, it is My plan to remove all evil from the Universe, from you, and from all My creatures.
Here's how it will look then:

Revelation 21: A New Heaven and a New Earth

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: "Look! The residence of God is among human beings. He will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them.
4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any more --- or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist."
5 And the one seated on the throne said: "Look! I am making all things new!" Then he said to me, "Write it down, because these words are reliable and true."
6 He also said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the one who is thirsty I will give water free of charge from the spring of the water of life.

I will do this--I will do it for you, I will do it for My universe, and I will do it for all My creatures.  Until then, the world is imperfect; you may suffer, but I will give you glad hearts and good seasons and thus remind you of My love and care.
When you have problems, I am there for you. I take care of you, I love you, and I will always stand by you.
My servant David said it this way (Psalm 23):
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me."
I am with you to help you and support you throughout the difficult times, and to welcome you home with Me when your life is over.
I do love you. But sometimes it's tough right now.  I will never leave you. You can count on that.
And it will be better. You can count on that, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment