Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Who do you love?

My Dear Son added a commandment to the most important one:  "You shall love the Lord your God..." it's found elsewhere in My book, but He put them together, this way: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart....AND your neighbor as yourself." He also said, "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

It's easy to say you love Me--after all, I'm invisible, and nobody knows how you really treat me.  You can ignore Me, refuse to listen to Me, be angry with Me, reject Me privately, even hate Me, and nobody knows.  It's a secret.

Everyone knows how you treat other people.  You may think they don't, but they do.  Sometimes you'll hear it under someone's breath. Sometimes you'll see it in their faces. Sometimes it comes out in their arrogance, or their actions. Sometimes it's so obvious that it can't be missed, as when My Dear Son referred to the Pharisees, who "for a pretense made long prayers while they stole the homes of the widows..."

Everyone knows, and I know, too. I know how you treat the people you work with. I know how you treat your customers. I know how you treat the people in your family.  I know how you think about people who are "beneath" you, or "not righteous like you." I know how you justify yourself when you cause harm.  I know.


If you learn to treat people the way I command, you will change the world around you. You will change you. And you will change them.

How can you love people?  Look at them the right way. That's a start. Ask Me to show you how I see a particular person.  Think of them as humans, men women and children made in My image, and whom I love, rather than looking at their beauty, fame, color, language, money, bathing habits, or.... Intentionally treat them with respect. Smile at them, and let the smile reach your heart.  When you speak to them, ask them about themselves (you'll find that some people don't want to talk, but so what? Others will). If you're rebuffed, ignore the anger in the other person, and treat them with kindness. Ask me to show you how to love them, and ask Me to help them love in return.

Offer to help them when you can, and be kind to them. I will heal their ugliness (if they let me) as YOU love them. You become a conduit for My love when you do the things that I show you. Always pray, and seek Me for the way to love and the way to care. If you belong to Me, My Dear Son has placed His heart within you.  Let Him guide you in kindness and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment