Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

In the Dark.

"Therefore, our livestock too shall go with us; not a hoof shall be left behind, for we shall take some of them to serve the LORD our God. And until we arrive there, we ourselves do not know with what we shall serve the LORD.
Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing;
Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.
Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place.
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the Light of life."

There is no question. There are times in your life when you definitely walk in a dark place, and don't know where you are going. Sometimes this path leads to nearly infinite blessing. Other times, you really don't know why you are, or were, there, and sometimes, it's truly the "valley of the shadow of death."  However, you can always know that your path leads upward toward God and heaven, if you follow Jesus Christ--He is the "resurrection and the life, and the one who believes in Him, even though he dies, shall live [forever with Him]." In addition, He has promised to light your way, so that you don't get lost, because He is the "light of life." The scriptures provide light as well: "your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path." When the way is dark, follow Him. If you don't know where He's going, and you are in a quandary (big word for confused), trust in the Lord, and keep walking. As long as He gives you no different direction, you are fine. He is guiding you, even if you don't feel His touch or His presence. Just look for Him when He shows up, and you'll be absolutely OK. But don't stop following. That's when disaster occurs. And if you DID stop, start again.  He'll light your way from whenever and wherever you start, and your path, confused before, will be lighted again, just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment