Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Guidance

 Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation. Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness... make your way straight before me. "He who follows Me [Jesus] shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. ... "I am the LORD your God... Who leads you in the way you should go. I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. In your book all the days ordained for me were written, before I ever came to be.

Good times. Difficult times. Times of terrible testing.  Times of happiness.  God's hand is on us all the time, even when Satan seems to have the upper hand, and is tormenting us as if we were his only interest. When Job was suffering and struggling with the hard times he experienced, his greatest cries were "Why?" and "When will it end?" and "Please, just kill me and be done with it."  Sometimes life is so terrible that we cannot endure.  Other times, it's so good we think we are living a fantasy. And other times (most times), it's just life. In each of these instances, God is there, and He is leading us through life to the ultimate goal--Life with Him forever.  No matter what today holds, He will be there.  No matter what tomorrow holds, He will be there, and He loves you. What's more, He's on your side. Always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment