Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

If you choose to accept it, this is your future.

Death is swallowed up in victory.
Thank God! He gives us the victory [over death] through our Lord Jesus Christ!
[Since God's] children are partakers of flesh and blood, [Jesus] also took part in the same; that through death he might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver those were all their lifetime subject to bondage because they feared death.
But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me.
Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine as the brightness of the heavens; and those who turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
I [Jesus] am the Resurrection and the Life--He who believes in Me, even though he dies, yet he shall live--and he who lives and believes in Me shall never die. For we know that if our earthly home of our bodies is dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
I am the One [Jesus] who lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and I have the keys of hell and of death.
Jesus has the keys.  The key to heaven...the key to understanding...the key to fellowship with God...the key to healing...the keys of death and hell...He holds these keys for your sake, so He can open the doors to all God's blessings for you in the future.  He acquired these keys when He died and rose from the dead, so that where He has gone, you may go as well.  However, YOU have a key as well--the key to your own heart and life, and only if you give Him that key will he be able to use the keys He has to bless you with everlasting life, with heaven, with strength and healing for today. It all depends on Him, of course, and all the blessing and love that He has is ready for you, for now and forever--but you have to hand Him the key to your life.  How do you do that?? Well, He's around, so just say the words "Lord, I give you the key to my life" (this is what prayer is: since God is always around, you can talk to Him just like He's in the room with you, because really, He is), and mean it. When you do that, the Lord uses His keys as needed to open all the doors for you-- the door into a relationship with Him that never ends, the door into everlasting life, the door into heaven itself, and the door of resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment