Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Good Inheritance

The one who overcomes inherits all things.
[The Old Testament heroes] desired a better country, that is, a heavenly land: therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for he has prepared a city for them.  [Yours is] an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that never fades away, and it is reserved in heaven for you. All things are yours ... the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours because you belong to Christ. Eyes have never seen, ears have never heard, nor has it even entered into people's hearts, the wonderful things that God has prepared for those who love him. But God has revealed them to us by his Spirit. Truly, I have a beautiful home as my inheritance [in heaven]. You will guide me [now] with your counsel, and afterward receive me into glory.

Everywhere the Bible talks about it, heaven is a place. Jesus called our personal places in heaven "dwellingplaces;" the word "paradise," which Jesus mentions to the thief crucified beside Him is a word originally meaning "parks," like the fabulous parks kings had made for themselves. THIS is our future.  A place like no other, where there will be no tears, or crying or sorrow, no suffering, no death, no disease.  If this world has been a tough journey, heaven will be wonderful indeed.  It's like an everlasting picnic without ants or bees--just warm sunshine and beautiful days that never end, full of happiness and enjoyment.  God has prepared this for all His children, and you can rest assured that He will get you there.  You will not fail. He won't let you. You have His assurance that He will take you "all the way."  He said, "of those you gave Me, I did not lose one." And, "I give [you] eternal life, and nobody shall pluck [you] out of my hand.  My Father, who gave [you] to Me, is greater than all, and nobody is able to pluck [you] out of my Father's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment