Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, September 23, 2013

He Never Leaves...

Our God has not forsaken us.
Beloved, Don't think that these fiery trials [persecutions] which you endure to be strange--but rejoice, since you are enduring part of Christ's sufferings [in your persecution]. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. Can a woman forget the baby she breastfeeds, and not have compassion on her own little baby? Even if that happens, I will never forget you--[or forsake you]. I will never leave you, or forsake you. I am with you, even to the end...I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever.

He can't leave.  We are, as the Gospel of John so eloquently puts it, "one with the Father, one with the Lord Jesus," or as later in the New Testament, "one with Him."  That connection can't be broken because His "DNA" is now in us.  You may not always feel an overpowering Presence, but He's never "not there." With Him comes not only the awareness of His presence, but all He has to offer as well.  He is not one to offer His presence, but not all of Himself.  He is totally committed to you.  So much so that it is now impossible to dissect one from the other.  "We are His body, His flesh, His bones..." So don't ever worry about being "left." He can't do that, any more than He can leave an arm behind. It is so overwhelming to Him that He even tells us, "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself." If you want some more light on this, read Psalm 23, and then 139.

No comments:

Post a Comment