Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

God can.

     I know that you can do everything. The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. He does according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say to him, What are you doing? There is nobody can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who will prevent it? Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. 
Do you believe that I am able to do this? They said to him, Yes, Lord. Then he touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith it shall happen for you. Lord, if you will, you can make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand and touched him, saying, I will; be clean.  All power is given to me [Jesus] in heaven and in earth.

God is the center of power in the universe; Jesus Christ, God's Son, has control of that. When we need Him, God is working, and when we ask, He comes to our aid.  Because of the way the world is presently structured (evil and Satan also have what we call derived power, and their own sort of control), the universe is not yet free of bad things.  It will be.  In the meantime, the following things help you as you seek for His power in your life.
God can.  There is not one thing He is unable to do.  If He says "no" to your prayers, He does have a reason. However, when you pray, He usually works things out--many times with no miracle attached, things just seem to happen. You should watch for those "Divine coincidences" as you pray. This is called God's Providence by the theologians, and it refers to the fact that God has intentionally cloaked His work in what seem to be natural occurrences.  These "Divine coincidences" have happened many times for me--more than I can count.  On the other hand, sometimes miracles are called for, and He does those without strain.  It's not hard for Him to do what He does. What's hard is the waiting.  However, God has called us to wait for Him, and He has been called the "God who works for him who waits..."  He also uses what we call "means," which is you exercising your own powers of action so that you are ready for God to work.  This is akin to praying for a job, and then working hard to find it--and finding that it's the very one God intended for you to have.   
So when you pray, pray an open-ended prayer, which is like this: "God, help me. I need (whatever it is)..." That way, you give Him the right to choose the way He'll help you.
When you pray, pray specifically. Ask for what you want/need.  If you don't, you'll never know when your prayers are answered.
When you pray, watch for the answer(s). Some do come immediately. Some over time.  Some do not come.  Remember that "no" is an answer.
When you pray, you don't have to attach the words, "your will be done," as if you had no right to ask. You are not opposing His will by asking for what you need.  You are calling upon your Great Father to reach out and help.  He loves to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment