Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Obey and be blessed.

Acts 7: 
2 ...The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran,
3 And said to him, Get out of your country, and [away] from your kindred, and come into the land which I will show you..
4 Then he left the land of the Chaldaeans, and lived in Haran: and from there, when his father was dead, he moved into this land, in which you now dwell.
5 And [God] gave him no inheritance in it, no, not even as much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his descendants after him, when as yet he had no child.

Genesis 12:
1 Now the LORD had said to [Abraham], Get out of your country, and away from your kindred, and from your father's house, into a land that I will show you:
2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing:
3 And I will bless those who bless you, and curse him who curses you: and in you all families of the earth shall be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should afterwards receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing where he went.

Notice what Abraham did:
He went without knowing the future.  He left everything and every place he knew. He even (eventually) left his family behind. He was alone, with a new future in a new land, and he did not know how it would turn out.  
Notice what God said to him: "I will make you a great nation. I will bless you.  I will make your name great. You will BE a blessing. I will bless the one who blesses you, and I will curse the one who curses you.  All the families of the earth will be blessed in you.  
Not ONE of these things was true when Abraham left his home 1,200 miles away to begin the walk down to Palestine.  He did not know how any of his actions would turn out, except God had promised.  He believed that, and went. All he had was the promise of God
What's more, the majority of the things he was promised were not fulfilled in his lifetime, but later, but they WERE fulfilled.  Every one of God's promises to Abraham proved to be true.
The lesson for us:
If you hear the Lord speak, and you know it's Him, and He gives you direction, you can go in confidence, knowing that He will support you, and will fulfill every promise He makes.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  Acknowledge Him in all your paths, and He will direct your steps."
What God promises, He will do.  "Not one thing of all the good things the Lord promised us has failed..."
Thing is, YOU can't see the future, and you must go by faith.  You'll go without knowing anything but Him, and His promise--but He will care for you, and do right by you, and fulfill all His promises.  Every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment