Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Friday, September 19, 2014

The Body and Blood of the Lord...

From 1 Corinthians 11:
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.

The Lord Jesus left us with this to remind us of why He came, and to put us in touch with Him in a very special way.  When we eat the bread and drink the cup, which represents Him, His body, His blood, His death, we connect with Him IF we eat in faith and drink in faith in Him. 
Jesus said: "He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." This is what communion means.  Sharing in His life, His death, His resurrection, His Spirit.  This we seek when we do communion--sharing with Him, and the communion service is our act of faith that we remember what He did for us, and open our hearts to it, and receive Him as we receive the bread and the cup. You can do this every time you receive communion.  Many people actually become Christians during the communion service, because they sense the powerful connection that He creates during the communion service, and sensing that, they open their hearts to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment