Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, September 22, 2014

When I was overwhelmed, THEN you knew my path...

This is a quote from Psalm 142, when David "was in the cave."  We can pinpoint this to a time in David's life, when Saul was chasing him and he and his 400 associates escaped into a large cave. He's hidden, and all the thoughts and fears about his life are roiling around in his mind...
Then God gives him this marvelous revelation:
"David, I know your path..."
When God says, "I know your path," He's really saying three things (and I just saw this, for myself):
"I know where you've been."
"I know where you are now."
"I know where you're going--what your future is."
This is immensely comforting.
At the very moment we feel most confused, troubled, overwhelmed by our circumstances, God knows right where we are, and He is leading us into the future, our hand in His.
We can couple this with other passages to get a clear view of what He means for us to see:
1. Job 23:10: But He knows the way that I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
2. Psalm 16:11: You will show me the path of life; In your presence is fulness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
3. 1 Corinthians 3:21-22: "All things are yours; Whether... the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.
Nothing that life brings is unknown to God.  Wherever we go, we find that the Lord is there, waiting for us, arms open to receive us.
Life...death...things present...things to come...He knows the path that I take...
and He knows the path that YOU take, and He loves YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment