Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thank You, Lord!

God deserves our thanks.  He does.  Despite the evil in the world we live in, there is so much to enjoy, so many things for which to be grateful.
So here are some of my own "thanksgivings":
I (at least apparently) have been gifted with good health.  I was able to go out on my bike for a while before Thanksgiving dinner, and the day was really beautiful.
Thank you Lord.

I had a very good Thanksgiving meal, and I didn't over-eat.  For those who know me, this was an achievement, but some time ago I pledged to myself and to the Lord to enjoy the quality of my food rather than the quantity.  He's certainly helped with this.

I enjoyed the company of good friends, and good conversation.  I am now enjoying a comfortable chair, and reflecting on the year gone by, with its challenges, problems, and blessings. The blessings have definitely outnumbered the problems and challenges.

Nobody knows what the future holds, but the best thing of all is that I know my life will not end, because I belong to the Lord.  My body, like everyone else's, will not last forever, but I am His and He is mine--forever.

Here are some thoughts on gratefulness by a health doc whom I read with some regularity.  While it is apparent that he and I don't share faith, his thoughts are still very good, and the article is worth a read:

Dr. Mercola's Thanksgiving thoughts


What are YOU thankful for today?  Are you angry inside, full of stress and pain?  Is there something troubling you?  Perhaps it's time to recognize that God has blessed you, and is still doing so.  Put on some praise music.  Read the 23rd Psalm.  Smile.  Remember that if the immediate future isn't so bright, the ultimate future (if you know the Lord) is spectacular. If you're depressed and completely stressed out, think of all the things God has done for you.  If you're at all like me, there is a mountain of blessing, and a molehill of trouble.
Bless God, and He will bless you...

No comments:

Post a Comment