Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Friday, November 15, 2013

When life takes a turn for the worse

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and staff comfort me. — When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
We see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Fear not [says Jesus]; I am the first and the last: I am the One who lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and I have the keys of hell and of death.
No matter what life brings, God can be with you.  We go through the "valley of the shadow of death,"  we do not stay in it.  God and His strength may seem distant, but they never are.  We may seem alone, but that is not true.  We have Him, His guidance, and His care.
The results of life taking a "turn for the worse" may surprise you:
Jesus, dying...Jesus, rising from the dead, and seated at the right hand of the Father...Jesus, holding the keys of hell and death for all mankind.  Including you.  His sufferings meant something. So do yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment