Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Wisdom and you. Part 2

Human wisdom is both good and bad.  It may lead you to great success, to achieve great things, and to become one of the great men or women of your time.  On the other hand, it may destroy you completely. Divine wisdom never does that, because it is tempered with the kindess, love, and mercy of God, and carries with it the leadership of the Holy Spirit.  Divine wisdom operates in two interrelated but separate realms. The first is the human realm--science, business, relationships, friendships (on the human level); wisdom encompasses the "how-to" aspects of life, and it's as much a part of God's world as you are.  So Divine wisdom, on the one hand, teaches us how to relate to the Almighty, and on the other hand, how to fix a car.  Yes, I mean that, because Divine and human wisdom also "cross over."  Here are some thoughts about the kind of Divine wisdom that makes you able to "do things..." create beautiful works. Engineer creatively. Write amazing music.

Exodus 31:3-5:
See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

1 Chron. 28:11-12 (David--I bet you didn't know he was an engineer! This is all about the Temple Solomon built to the LORD:)
Then David gave Solomon the plans for the Temple and its surroundings, including the entry room, the storerooms, the upstairs rooms, the inner rooms, and the inner sanctuary--which was the place of atonement. David also gave Solomon all the plans he had in mind for the courtyards of the LORD's Temple, the outside rooms, the treasuries, and the rooms for the gifts dedicated to the LORD.

The Psalm titles are ancient, like the Psalms, and go with them. The point is, David wrote the words. Who set them to music?? The Chief Musician, that's who. He created the music to fit the words God gave David.
Psalm 22: To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar (the tune), A Psalm of David.
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? why are you so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
Nehemiah 12:46: For in the days of David and Asaph of old there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.

"Do any of you lack wisdom? Let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally..."
The point of all this is that wisdom comes from God, and enables you to do all the things you may need to do in your life.  It may be that you need to code something incredibly complex.  Ask God.  Or perhaps you are fixing a friend's car. Ask God. Possibly you need help with some difficult problem in school.  Ask God.  Perhaps you have a knotty personnel problem at work.  God can give you the wisdom to deal with it.
Ask. Always ask.  And then let Him fill your heart and mind with wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment