Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Practice Wisdom.

My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion;
they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.
Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.
Proverbs 3:21-26

Divine wisdom is both a gift and a product of learning and prayer. There are people who believe that if something is a gift, there's no work involved. It's just "there." However, that is not true in life. Athletic skills, a gift of God, must be developed and honed to be fully useful.  A surgeon's hands must have practice, his eye and brain experience, in order to develop his talents completely. God gives us the native ability, but we must learn to use it through practice, and strengthen it through exercise, until it is strong and efficient.  Once we do, amazing things happen. Our lives are beautified by His wisdom. We know how and where to walk through life.  We find safety, freedom, rest, and the presence of the Lord for protection.  This is a wonderful gift in itself, since all of us need this kind of protection from time to time, and when we are surrounded by a minefield of troubles and foes, the LORD will guide us through them without us getting trapped and destroyed, since He walks with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment