Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Silent Prayers

We do not know what to pray for...
The Spirit helps us...
The Spirit prays for us with groanings which cannot be spoken...
My mind is unfruitful, but my spirit prays
He shall give thee the desires of thine heart...
Call to me, and I will answer you...

Many times our prayers and desires simply cannot be articulated.  God has an answer for that--His Spirit searches the minds and hearts, and interprets the unutterable for us.  These are the cries of our hearts, the pain we feel, the groanings, the joys, the sorrows.  He is not restricted to our verbal abilities. It doesn't really matter to God what the format of our prayers is--words, tears, a handclasp, an ache in the heart, a huge laugh or smile; He understands literally everything.  And He answers, even when we think we didn't ask about that. Sure, we should pray without ceasing, but God is not out to penalize us for not knowing how to put our longings into words--in fact, He loves to answer the heart as well as the voice.  Many times in the Old Testament, the Scriptures tell us, "God heard their groanings..." the sufferings of His people are all prayers.  The joys of His children are praises.  No, we ought not to neglect giving thanks, and we ought never to stop asking for the things we need--but face it.  He knows already.  He's already figured out your needs, approximately 1 billion years ago (or eternity past), and every single thing about you is in His mind.  The Psalmist wrote, "How precious are thy thoughts unto me, O God! If I were to number them, they would be more than the sand of the sea." I take that to mean that God's thoughts about us literally have no end; they are unbounded, and because He is an infinite being, He can give full attention to an infinite number of things at once, and He does.  We are part of that thought process.  He never forgets, He never loses track, He never fails to respond in His time and His way. If you are weary and discouraged...if you have no energy left...HE will strengthen you, and uphold you, and help you...not because you know how to "ask aright," but because he hears the heart and not just the words.  
God loves simplicity, and eloquence is unnecessary with Him--sincerity is the eloquence He seeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment