Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Protector

God is my defence.
The LORD is my rock, and My fortress, and my deliverer; the God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. We may boldly say, The LORD is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. I am continually with thee: thou hast held me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory...God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Martin Luther, facing almost certain death, once said he would go to the town of Worms to meet the representatives of the church "although the devils outnumbered the tiles on the rooftops." He did this because he knew God was with him.  Courage comes from knowing who stands with you, and you do have the Mighty Protector standing by you at all times. You can run to Him (though He's not far off); you can count on Him to stand by you, even if you don't see or feel Him near. He really IS right by you, and he really does stand with you at all times. He will never leave you or forsake you, and you cannot find a friend who will stay closer than He will.  In every circumstance, and in every way, He is your Protector, who stands with you until life ends, and when it does, He is the One who leads you to heaven, in His presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment