Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Waiting through the pain:

When you are suffering and alone, it's tough to have faith, but that is THE time you most need it. God WILL NOT abandon you.  When you read the Bible, you find many times that the prophets of God received answers to their prayers, and help from God.  The question is, how did they feel before God answered?  Here's a small sample of  prayers in the midst of waiting:

Jonah 2: (Jonah, crying out from the belly of the fish/whale).
And said, I cried by reason of my affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell I cried, and you heard my voice
The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head.
To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, Lord my God, brought my life up from the pit.
“When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple.
 In other words, Jonah was at the endpoint of his life, completely alone, and in great distress, suffering terribly.

Here's another example, from David's life:
Psalm 13: For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death...

MANY of God's servants have felt abandoned and forgotten in their suffering. Many have felt the complete loss of hope.  This is one of Satan's chief tools against you; at best, he wants to torment you; at worst to get you to take your own life, or live in utter desperation, having given up on God.  However, with God there is no "end," no "final disaster" unless you permanently reject Him, and receiving Him back again (or asking Him to take you back) is a simple choice.  
He's actually waiting for YOU if you are in this situation, and He intends to answer you.  
See Psalm 40
Psalm 40: To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth --- Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD.
You will sing again.  Wait for Him. Keep praying. Don't give up. God loves you, and He is full of compassion and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment