Foreword:

Ever wonder what God might have to say to YOU today? Here are things to ponder, and things to receive into your heart. If you have a question, put it in the comments. I respond as much as I can.

A note for all my readers: I've been experimenting with YouTube videos for Bible teaching, and now I'm working my way through the New Testament. I encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for better coverage. I'm still writing, of course, and my written posts appear here.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wonderful Lord Jesus Christ

Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham.
The Holy Person that shall be born of you [Mary] shall be called the Son of God.
It pleased the [God] the Father that in [Jesus] all fulness should dwell. in these last days [God] has spoken to us in His Son [Jesus], whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
I and the Father are one.
[Jesus is ] The chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he who believes in him shall not be ashamed. — God ... has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name. —
Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.
I count all things but loss, for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life
I Jesus have sent my angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Wherever Jesus is spoken of in the New Testament, His greatness shines through.  His disciples worshipped Him.  His enemies hated Him, but they respected Him.  Demons cried out in fear at His presence. Satan fled from Him.  He is not ordinary.  He is more than a king, more than a man.  As the Centurion who watched His Crucifixion said, "Surely this man was the Son of God."  However, the Centurion did not know about the Resurrection, where Jesus proved Himself to be the Son of God with power, and was raised from the dead by the power of an indestructible life, and so He conquered Death as well, because He could not be held by it.  
Jesus is worthy of YOUR worship, your allegiance, your response.  Our society makes celebrities of strange people.  It worships actors, actresses, government officials, oddballs, newspapermen, beautiful people, and so on.  
Here is someone to REALLY worship.  He is definitely not a passing fad, and He will return your worship with a love that is mightier than the grave.  He will unite you to Himself with a power that no force in the universe can sever.  He will give you a new life here and in heaven.  
He is worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment